Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Burgundian Pinot Noir


In the end…
None of this will even matter.
The money, the cars;
                   the large house in the vineyard,
the personal jets, the yachts,
the private island near Aruba--
none of this
                 will matter… when I’m gone
I once knew love
until the power took over my soul;
A heartless mobster unrecognizable to those
who once took comfort inside of this  heart.
No more trust
                  lives in my world.
Just ruthless pathways
towards more money, power and control.

Lonely, unhappy but rich and powerful;
life sure can be a bitch.
I thought the money would buy
me the ultimate happiness
and the power would position me
to disguise the ending of my own fate.
But often I dine alone
with a pile of shit on my plate
watching seagulls fly in formation
             in the sky
until sunsets gave way to crescent moons – saddened flames
 only recognized in my own blind eye.

A glorified gangsta I became
all for the riches and territorial gain;
now that it is too late, it has become  my regret
because no one views me the same,
 they can’t find it in their hearts
to forget.
So here...I sit alone
Sipping this wine -- a glass of Burgundian Pinot Noir
Intoxicating my mind
with memories of all that I deserted
for the money and power



Tarringo T Vaughan
©2008

1 comment:

  1. Did you hear there's a 12 word phrase you can speak to your man... that will trigger deep emotions of love and instinctual attraction to you deep within his heart?

    That's because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's impulse to love, look after and care for you with his entire heart...

    12 Words Will Trigger A Man's Desire Instinct

    This impulse is so hardwired into a man's mind that it will drive him to try better than ever before to take care of you.

    Matter-of-fact, triggering this mighty impulse is absolutely essential to achieving the best possible relationship with your man that once you send your man one of these "Secret Signals"...

    ...You will immediately find him open his soul and mind to you in such a way he's never expressed before and he'll distinguish you as the only woman in the world who has ever truly fascinated him.

    ReplyDelete

FlexWriter Creative Network's Fan Box