Monday, May 28, 2012

The Indigo Night


My awakened sleep now hear the cries of silent winds
knocking upon the window glass
of shattered silence as I begin to listen
to the shadows dancing still
against the moonlit spotlight of my imagination.

Silhouettes of bare branches shiver
as the midnight hour sings its arrival
before my eyes could see the motion of time.
A flashlight darkens the room with a translucent light
dressed with purple haze
 as a door squeaks;
my eyes scurry and I am left standing
in hesitation  unnoticed by the dark.

A phone rings, a glass shatters and a howl
sneaks up from behind shaking me calm
as sweat drips dry upon my palm.
I lose my grip as I float motionless
down upward stairs grasping onto my fall.

I am alone again, eyes wide closed to coherence
as I finally reach the entrance;
an entrance leading out to a long sidewalk
that thirst upon my resistance
but I walk, crawl and walk again hurriedly
to get nowhere fast as the air shifts
me back into reality’s appetite
 as another dream
is swallowed by the indigo night.

© 2009
Tarringo T Vaughan

No comments:

Post a Comment

FlexWriter Creative Network's Fan Box